Table Of Contents
- Digital Sales Specialist Job Duties
- Digital Sales Specialist Job Requirements
- Digital Sales Specialist Skills
- Digital Sales Specialist Work Environment
- Digital Sales Specialist Trends
- How to Become a Digital Sales Specialist
- Advancement Prospects
- Job Description Example
- Similar Jobs
Digital sales specialists are responsible for selling digital products and services over the internet. They commonly sell things like ebooks, software, web design services, or other digital content.
Digital sales specialists may work directly with clients to help them choose which products or services best meet their needs. They may also be tasked with managing inventory, tracking sales metrics, and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their purchase.
Digital Sales Specialist Job Duties
A digital sales specialist typically has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Working with marketing staff to create sales campaigns based on target markets and product lines
- Creating personalized marketing plans for each client based on their specific target audience and goals
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients by providing ongoing support and consultation about new products and services
- Presenting clients’ products online through various digital channels, including websites, mobile apps, social media sites, blogs, and email newsletters
- Creating new opportunities for growth by identifying new markets and potential customer groups that could benefit from the company’s products or services
- Measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by tracking customer data such as clickthrough rates and conversion rates
- Recommending changes to existing products or services based on input from customers
- Resolving any issues that may arise during the process of completing a sale
- Providing customer service to clients by answering questions about products or services offered
Digital Sales Specialist Salary & Outlook
Digital sales specialists’ salaries vary depending on their level of education, years of experience, and the company size and location. They may also earn additional compensation in the form of commissions and bonuses.
- Median Annual Salary: $72,500 ($34.86/hour)
- Top 10% Annual Salary: $175,000 ($84.13/hour)
The employment of digital sales specialists is expected to grow slower than average over the next decade.
Digital sales specialists will be needed to help companies understand and use data analytics to improve their marketing efforts. However, the increasing automation of digital advertising may limit the need for these workers.
Digital Sales Specialist Job Requirements
A digital sales specialist typically needs to have the following qualifications:
Education: A digital sales specialist position typically requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Some employers prefer a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as marketing or business. Relevant coursework includes digital marketing, sales, business and communication.
Training & Experience: Digital sales specialists typically receive on-the-job training to learn the specific software and processes of the company. Training may last for a few weeks or months, depending on the company and the digital sales specialist’s previous experience.
Certifications & Licenses: Certifications can validate the qualifications you have earned and help you stand out from other candidates. Digital sales specialists can earn certifications to gain more knowledge of their responsibilities, test their skills and further advance their career.
Digital Sales Specialist Skills
Digital sales specialists need the following skills in order to be successful:
Technical knowledge: Technical knowledge is the ability to understand and apply digital marketing strategies and tactics. This includes knowledge of software, tools and other technology that can help you sell products and services. Having technical knowledge can help you learn how to use digital tools to improve your sales performance.
Communication skills: Digital sales specialists communicate with customers and colleagues throughout the sales process. They use verbal and written communication skills to explain products, answer questions and resolve issues. They also use communication skills to collaborate with other sales representatives to ensure customers receive the best service.
Product knowledge: A digital sales specialist should have a thorough understanding of the products they’re selling. This includes knowing the product’s features, how it works and how it can benefit the customer. You should also be able to answer any questions a customer may have about the product.
Problem-solving skills: Digital sales specialists may encounter challenges when fulfilling customer orders, such as when a customer may not have provided all the necessary information or when a customer may have changed their order. It’s important for digital sales specialists to be able to identify and solve problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
Persuasive communication: Persuasive communication is the ability to influence others to take action. As a digital sales specialist, you may be responsible for convincing customers to make a purchase. This requires you to be able to communicate effectively and persuade customers to buy your products.
Digital Sales Specialist Work Environment
The digital sales specialist works in a fast-paced environment where they are expected to make a high volume of sales calls each day. The job can be stressful and demanding, but also offers a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. The digital sales specialist typically works from a home office, although they may occasionally travel to meet with clients or attend sales training seminars. The job requires excellent communication and people skills, as well as a strong knowledge of digital marketing tools and techniques.
Digital Sales Specialist Trends
Here are three trends influencing how digital sales specialists work. Digital sales specialists will need to stay up-to-date on these developments to keep their skills relevant and maintain a competitive advantage in the workplace.
The Rise of the Digital Sales Specialist
The rise of the digital sales specialist is a trend that is quickly changing the way businesses sell products and services. With more and more customers shopping online, businesses are now looking for professionals who can help them capitalize on this trend.
Digital sales specialists are professionals who are skilled in selling products and services through online channels. They understand how to use technology to connect with customers and they know how to create a positive customer experience.
More Focus on Personal Branding
As businesses become more reliant on digital marketing, sales professionals will need to focus on personal branding. This means developing a strong online presence and creating connections with potential customers.
By focusing on personal branding, sales professionals can build trust with potential customers and establish themselves as experts in their field. In addition, they can use social media platforms to reach a wider audience and promote their products and services.
A Greater Emphasis on Customer Experience
Customer experience is becoming increasingly important for businesses in all industries. This is because customers are more likely to buy from companies that provide a great customer experience.
As a digital sales specialist, you can play a key role in providing a great customer experience by understanding what your customers want and by helping to create a positive atmosphere for them. You can also help to improve the customer experience by suggesting changes to the company’s website or by recommending new products and services.
How to Become a Digital Sales Specialist
A digital sales specialist career can be a great way to get your foot in the door of the digital marketing industry. As a digital sales specialist, you’ll be responsible for generating leads and closing deals with potential customers. This means that you’ll need to have strong communication skills and be able to build relationships with potential clients.
To become a successful digital sales specialist, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in digital marketing. You should also be familiar with the products and services offered by your company so that you can answer any questions potential customers may have.
Related: How to Write a Digital Sales Specialist Resume
Advancement prospects for digital sales specialists are good. As digital sales specialists gain experience, they can move into management positions. In addition, digital sales specialists who are knowledgeable about a wide range of digital products and services will have the best job prospects.
Digital Sales Specialist Job Description Example
As a digital sales specialist at [CompanyX], you will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies to increase digital sales and grow our digital customer base. You will work closely with the marketing team to develop targeted campaigns, and with the customer service team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. You will also be responsible for analyzing data to identify trends and opportunities, and for developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital sales, marketing, and customer service, and will be a strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He or she will be able to work independently and be self-motivated, with a strong attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect for new business opportunities through research, cold-calling, and emailing
- Understand customer needs and requirements to generate qualified leads
- Schedule and conduct discovery calls with potential customers
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers within assigned accounts
- Create and deliver custom sales presentations and demonstrations
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close deals
- Manage administrative tasks associated with the sales process, including proposal generation, contract administration, and customer onboarding
- Achieve quarterly and annual quotas
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments
- Attend trade shows and other events as needed
- collaborate closely with marketing team members to develop targeted campaigns and content
- Provide feedback to improve lead generation processes and tools
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales role with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding quotas
- Experience working with digital advertising platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating reports to show campaign results
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and web development
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Product Manager
- Account Manager
- Sales Representative
- Business Development Manager
- Account Executive
- Brand Manager