In this article, I am going to give you out the answers to the Google Digital Marketing Course which upon completion will reward you with a Google Certification with your name on it. It’s a pretty easy course, if you don’t about it and are here just for a Google Certificate, no problem I was Like you too but if you are here to cross-verify your answers you are welcome too.
The link of the Course is given in the references section.
This course consists of 26 modules and is rated for as beginners.
Questions in this blog are as on 29th May 2020.
The answers have been highlighted in the options given.
Enough let’s get the answers:
You’ve aced every tutorial in the Digital Unlocked. Ready to graduate? Take the final exam to earn your certificate.
What’s the biggest challenge for most businesses when going online?
- Planning a budget
- Developing a plan
- Optimising a website
- Defining a customer base
When looking to advertise a new business online, what is one of the major benefits of display ads?
- They are seen by everyone
- They have higher click-through rate
- They can come in many different formats
- They don’t cost too much to set up
Imagine a customer has downloaded an app made by their local hardware store. How could that business connect with their audience through the app?
- Call the customer when there is an offer they’d enjoy
- See where their customers are and monitor their shopping behaviours
- Send them offers when they enter a certain geographical area
- Add items to their in-app basket that you think they’d like
You notice that when people see images of your products online, you have an increase in conversions or sales. Which customer touchpoint could you use to take advantage of this insight?
- Shopping bags
- Blog content
- Social media
Which are the first steps you should consider when constructing an online business strategy?
- Understand the target audience
- Change your mission statement to match the goals
- Create goals and identify a USP
- Define and segment your audiences
What’s the first step in the search engine optimisation process for your website?
- Off-site optimisation
- Keyword research
- Writing fresh content
- Setting an ad budget
When using a search engine, what is the name of a word or phrase somebody types to find something online?
- Search phrase
- Search term
- Search query
- Search word
When looking to optimise the performance of a website to improve its search engine ranking, using ‘long tail keyword terms’ in your SEO plan often allows you to…
- Outrank lots of larger, more established companies
- Find more opportunities
- See more traffic than short tail keywords
- Perform better on social media
When optimising a website for search, what impact do meta and title tags have on the search engine?
- They are hidden messages that have no bearing on search engines
- They are the on-page content that appears on your homepage, telling search engines what you do
- They are automatically generated and help websites rank within search engines
- They are embedded messages that help the search engine determine what’s on the page
A lot of factors can affect how well a website will rank on search engines. What role does metadata have in this process?
- Helps your website stand out from the competition
- Allows you to input lots of keywords so that you appear for all of them
- Provides search engines with more consistent and clear information about what’s on the website
- Allows you to place sales promotion offers within the search results
When advertising using Search Engine Marketing (SEM), you only pay…
- when your ad appears within the search results
- when a conversion happens on your website
- when your ad is clicked by someone
- when someone stays on your website for more than 2 minutes
Fill the blank: When managing SEM campaigns, the best way to optimise your quality score is to improve the _________ of your keywords, adverts, and landing pages.
When running a search engine marketing campaign, what goal do you expect to achieve by having conversion tracking on your site?
- To see personal data about the person who bought from you
- To understand what is working and what is not
- To increase your budget to get more traffic
- To advertise internationally more easily
What is the most important thing to consider when optimising a search engine marketing campaign?
- Increasing the bid for the keywords you are targeting
- Increasing the relevance of the keywords, ads, and landing page
- Adding lots of keywords to the campaign to get more traffic
- Continually changing the ad copy
Local directories are a great tool for getting noticed locally online. What would be the first step in using a directory?
- Research competitors
- Create a listing
- Create an ad
- Post a link
When looking to promote your products and services locally, what are the benefits of using search engine ads?
- Everyone uses search engines
- You can target ads to a specific geographic area
- You can target ads to specific genders
- Search ads are cheaper than display adverts
Using social media for business purposes can be very different to running personal profiles. If you’re looking to attract people to your social network, what tone of voice should you consider?
- Stern and Serious
- Serious and Honest
- Fun and Inviting
- Engaging and Inviting
Building a plan will help you to focus your efforts when using social media. What should you consider when making your social media plan?
- Your audience’s data
- Your audience’s interests
- Your audience’s available income
- Your audience’s offline behaviour
With more and more users using mobile to look at websites, it is key that you optimise your site so users can find it when searching online. Which two elements should you look to optimise for improved SEO performance?
- Site speed and usability
- Keywords and metadata
- Image size and navigation
- Site speed and visual appearance
When looking to advertise your business to mobile users, social media advertising can be really effective because…
- it allows you to target people who have ad blockers enabled
- it can be seen by people who aren’t logged into their accounts
- it allows you to target people based on their likes and interests
- it doesn’t cost too much to spread your ads far
How would you classify the content distribution channel that uses influencer and outreach marketing to increase a brand’s reach?
When it comes to email marketing, what do we mean by the term A/B testing?
- A/B testing means you can split your contacts alphabetically
- BA/B testing means you send the same email twice to the same people
- A/B testing means splitting your audience and sending each of them a different variation of your email
- A/B testing means it is spell-checked and proofed, prior to hitting send
Which of the following is a benefit of display advertising over search advertising?
- Display advertising is cheaper than search advertising
- Appearing on relevant websites offering advertising space
- Ads can appear at the top of search engine results pages
- Display ads are more likely to be clicked on
When planning your display advertising, what does the word ‘placement’ mean?
- The exact location of your ad on a particular page of a website
- The size and position of your ad
- The exact location of your ad on search engine results pages
- The position of text within your ad
Retargeting allows you to…
- Target users, based on the specific actions they take on your site
- Target people, based on their likes and interests
- Appear higher within the search results
- Target people before they come to your website
What can you do to help your videos appear in search results?
- Make the content really interesting
- Give detailed descriptions of its content
- Clearly brand your videos
- Include calls to action within the videos
How can you attract social media users to share your video content online?
- Tag them in posts
- Use hashtags
- Make them funny
- Use subtitles
When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a metric?
- Browser users use to access your site
- Unique visitors to your site
- Time users spend on your site
- Number of pages viewed per visit
When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a dimension?
- The device users access the site with
- The time a user spends on the site
- The browser a user uses to visit the site
- The geographical location of the user
What do website analytics allow you to do?
- Set up advertising accounts to drive continuous improvement
- Understand users’ behaviour and improve the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts
- Interact with customers on your website to increase conversion
- Predict your users’ next move based on previous data
How do you handle data in analytics to gain greater insights into our audience’s behaviour?
How is a spreadsheet defined?
- An interactive computer application for the organisation, analysis and storage of data
- A static collection of related data tables that can be queried to locate specific fields
- A tool for storing large amounts of numerical data, but not text-based data
- A digital balance sheet to keep track of financial transactions
Why should you avoid focusing on collecting as much data as possible?
- Vast quantities of data will take a long time to process
- Large amounts of data are harder to store online
- The right information, at the right time, is more valuable
- Spreadsheets have a limit on the amount of information they can store
When building your online product store, to make it as effective as possible you should look to optimise the performance by using images in what kind of way?
- Use images direct from the internet to ensure accurate file size
- Use images direct from the original manufacturer
- Ensure images are of a high quality
- Use detailed descriptions instead of images to help search engines
When looking to introduce e-commerce functions to your website, which of the following would be the best first step?
- Build an online store with an integrated payment system
- Set up a web-based money transfer software like PayPal
- Invest in a new website platform
- Use other platforms such as eBay or Etsy
Analytics can help optimise your website for which of the following?
- For different devices, navigation and search
- For different devices and social media profile
- For email templates and social media profiles
- For navigation, search and video campaigns
Fill in the blank: When you are considering the layout of the product pages, it is important to put them in ________ order?
- a constantly changing
When looking to expand your business internationally on social media, what should you do first?
- Treat all social media channels the same
- Use popular phrases and memes for that area
- Analyse platforms popular in that area
- Not advertise at all, as other countries don’t like social advertising
Fill the blanks: When advertising internationally, you should make your business ______ to the new market, consider the ___________ and any possible ___________ implications.
- accessible | supply chain | legal
- affordable | supply chain | language
- exciting | customers needs | currency
- affordable | customer needs | lega
Fill in the blank: When considering expanding a business internationally, the best place to start is to__________?
- use online tools to help you understand where there’s a strong demand for your products
- move the whole business to that country
- replicate your current business in as many countries as possible
- Buy new domains for the country
Hope You would have cleared your exam, graduated the course and would have got you Google Certification. If you like this article or if it helped you in any way please make sure give it a clap and follow me on my social media handles.
Fundamentals of digital marketing
Master the basics of digital marketing with our free Interactive Advertising Bureau-accredited course. There are 26…